Staff Software Engineer - Data Product Development
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Loyalty and Marketing development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
This role is for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills and expertise in Java/J2EE, and Web Services technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and testing. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs, and should be capable to work across the layers and technologies stack. This position reports to a Director of Visa Loyalty Programs in Singapore and will be based in Singapore.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of various initiatives and take the ownership to deliver the business functionalities.
- Design, develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availabily and performance
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Develop high quality code, participate in code reviews and mentor junior developers also to ensure the deliveries on time, within budget, and with good code quality using all proactive code validation techniques.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments, and other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
6+ years of experience in developing large scale applications using open source technologies.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems.
- Strong hands on experience in Core Java/J2EE technologies Web Services technologies like Spring MVC, Hibernate, SOAP and REST APIs.
- Strong understanding of web concepts like JSP, Servlets, HTTP Request/Response, HTTP Session and securing web applications/web services.
- Demonstrated hands on experience using SCM tools like TFS/Git, MS Build, Jira etc.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration, Build and Test Automation and Test Driven Development.
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following database technologies: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server and NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase, MongoDB.
- Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus.
- Hands on experience using MQ technologies like WebSphere MQ, Active MQ etc. is a plus.
- Product development experience is Must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.