Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Data Product Development
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Loyalty and Marketing development team. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of automation frameworks for backend testing.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Interact with both non-technical and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of software design and development experience.
- Full Stack Software Development experience of robust system.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, software development and database.
- Strong in core Java, UNIX Shell scripting and SQL.
- Good to have knowledge and experiences of reporting, web development/web services and UI design.
- Willing to learn and work with complicated business logic.
- Knowledge of testing automation and Hadoop eco system will be a big advantage.
- Knowledge of DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment,
- Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Git, Maven and Jenkins.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.