Sr. Software Engineer- Data Product Development
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Work as a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Visa's Commercial line of products.
- Perform software programming to contribute to project deliverables.
- Work with team members on technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution.
- Work with team members on technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support.
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
- B.S. in Computer Science with 5+ years of Software Development Experience or M.S-PhD with 2+ years of Software Development Experience
- Experience in design and development of large-scale Information products and services with following technologies: Java, Scala, RDBMS, Big Data Hadoop platform technologies
- Strong working experience with Object Oriented Design and Development using
Java is necessary
- Solid understanding of principles and APIs of MapReduce, RDD, DataFrame and
- Strong working experiences of implementing Big Data processing using
MapReduce algorithms and Hadoop/Spark APIs
- Experience on Hadoop platform including Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop and
related tools to build analytical applications
- Experience building workflow to perform predictive analysis,
muilti-dimensional analysis, data enrichments etc.
- Experience of database fundamentals, RDBMS data modeling, NOSQL database and
data modeling and programming
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and framework is a plus
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience in supporting large enterprise applications
- Always have an aptitude to learn new technologies and take on challenges
- Knowledge of Security Principles, and Accessibility Best Practices
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.