Sr. Director, Open VisaNet, Technical Requirements and Business Analysis
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost-effective and distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country and global processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from proprietary hardware systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure architects and business analysts. To support our development roadmap we are creating a function to ramp up the creation and delivery of business requirements articulating the current VisaNet business logic (functional and non-functional). Reporting to VP of Open VisaNet Architecture, the Senior Director in Foster City will be fully accountable for the delivery of business requirements for more than 330 discreet services and functions.
Develop a team to drive the analysis of existing Switch, Clearing, Settlement and SMS Offline functionality and document existing VisaNet functional and operational requirements.
Define and document functional, performance and operational Requirements for OVN.
Work with Architects and development teams to ensure delivery to the stated detailed requirements.
Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies. Provide feedback to core product teams to influence roadmap and strategy.
Manage external vendor(s) supporting Knowledge Extraction process; reverse engineering of existing business logic.
Develop and manage a process to track ongoing VisaNet enhancements and relevant changes and apply to OVN requirements
Facilitate the definition of migration strategies and operational models
Documentation of associated requirements and transition planning
Coach development teams on the specifics of Visa switching, clearing and settlement in relationship to OVN requirements.
Facilitate the creation of testing artifacts in parallel with business requirement elaboration.
Prepare and deliver Business and Operational change management training. This includes education of business (CSS, CCM, regions) and operations staff on OVN LTA advantages and impacts.
Participate, if needed, in presentations/discussions with key clients to share details and value of OVN.
Lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented technologists.
Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Prior experience must include leadership for mission-critical system applications supporting high volume transaction systems.
- Requires significant knowledge of the payment business and all products and services provided by VisaNet.
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
- Must be high impact individual with a technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with executives.
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution.
- Must have demonstrated success in managing onshore and offshore teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent.
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation, which has led to shipping and supporting products in Production.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what's possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required
- 15+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. Master's degree is a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.