Senior Director, Client Services
- Ashburn, Virginia, us
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
NA Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants in North America to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, operational account planning, back office support and customer performance reporting.
The Global Acquirers & Processors Senior Director is responsible for providing operational leadership, oversight, and direction for key clients. The role requires a keen insight into Visa product offerings, best practices, and calls for deep collaboration and partnership with business leadership across CS, Sales, Product and other internal stakeholders.
Establishing executive level relationships with client Operations and Technology teams to ensure alignment and execution of annual and strategic priorities.
Functional responsibility for leading an Account Management team to increase knowledge sharing and learnings to enable consistent interaction with clients.
Driving client engagement and execution with clients in support of key North America Scorecard goals.
Partnering with the Sales Account Executives to support new business development opportunities.
Visionary expertise identifying efficiencies and the tools and applications related to those efficiencies.
- Providing strategy, integration and coordination to multiple, cross-functional projects.
- Overall planning, directing and oversight responsibility of multiple projects, products, services or functions typically requiring the utilization or management of resources across multiple departments or functional areas.
- Proactively identifies and solves complex problems that impact the management, relationship, and direction of the business.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Senior Management, Product, Sales, and Account Management.
- Independently formulating decisions that may have significant operating and financial impact to Visa initiatives, reputation and clients.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
* A minimum of 15 years of successful experience in progressive leadership roles with Client facing accountability in the Payments industry
* 12 years of experience and Master’s degree
* 8 years of experience and PhD
* Graduate degree/MBA preferred
* Demonstrated strategic ability to solve complex global cross-functional issues exercising critical thinking and sound judgment
* Functional experience in bankcard operations, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
* Demonstrated ability to strategically lead cross functional teams through high impact complex business issues that do not have precedent
* Successful management of a team of technical and/or professional services professionals
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels
* Working knowledge of payment systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, and settlement services
* In-depth knowledge of payments network and processing services
* In-depth knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses
* Transaction processing
* Excellent knowledge of key technical specialties supported
* Demonstrated experience with technical and/or sales account management
* Demonstrated success with clients through strategic and consultative approach leveraging analytical tools and processes
* Business to Business Account Management/Support
* Sales and/or Sales Support
* Process improvement
* Project management
* Strong oral and written communications
* Demonstrated Influencing and negotiation skills
* Complex analytical analysis
* Proven record of accomplishment in leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
* Executive presence
* Experience shaping and delivering professional services delivery strategy
* Essential Functions
- Leads by example and sets development and leadership goals for direct reports and their teams. Holds direct reports accountable for the development of their teams by utilizing the Visa Leadership Principles and Rewards and Recognition programs inclusive of Annual Review
- Drive creation and delivery of processing optimization models, targeted to tier 3 segment, partnering with Sales Engine team
- Leader and thought partner on cross-functional crisis management team as needed, often through crisis that has no precedent
- Oversees the development of strategies and programs and action plans, aligning efforts of the Client Support organization with other key Visa stakeholders
- Ensure the Client Support management team provides leadership and consulting related to support Clients/markets to internal stakeholder organizations including CSS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal
- Establish and fosters relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management
- Develops and ensures execution of support strategies to support Client Sales in sales efforts, setting service standards as required for the implementation and support of market specific products and services
* Physical Requirements
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law