Machine Learning Engineer - Visa Research
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Design and implement efficient and scalable machine learning systems
- Develop proof-of-concept prototype with fast iteration and experimentation
- Develop and maintain design documentation, test cases, and performance evaluation
- Works within an agile engineering methodology and collaborative team development architecture
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- 4+ years of building large scale machine learning systems
- Strong skills in C++ and Java
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop
- Experience leading a team or tech project
- Ability to communicate and work within a team
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.