Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Cloud Platform team is responsible for building an end-to-end solution for environment management. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to get their code to customers. This includes automating all facets of infrastructure. We are responsible for building services that help our developers request new fully configured, ready-to-use infrastructure components or to manage existing infrastructure. We support teams using a variety of technologies, in offices that span multiple continents, deploying code dozens of times each day.
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to junior developers
- Develop scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Build tools to automate our deployment pipelines
- Build tools to report on status of operations and performance
- Build automated tests and enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience in Java/Spring
- Experience in writing automated unit and integration tests
- Experience with Scrum.
- Undergraduate Degree or Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Passionate about learning new technologies and delivering high quality code
- Ability to estimate, design and drive projects end to end
- Experience in mentoring junior developers
- Experience in UI technologies (AngularJS / ReactJS etc)
- Experience in Chef
- Knowledge / experience in Machine Learning implementations is a big plus
- Experience in working with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience in Kafka is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.