Software Development Manager, Cloud and Infrastructure Automation
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Cloud platform & Infrastructure Automation team is responsible for the design, architecture and development of the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform within Visa. The team is also chartered with building the next generation Application Management, Delivery and Validation Platform. Our mission is to make it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & Prod), deploy services, monitor and auto scale applications with the highest level of reliability, availability, scale and security.
Selected candidate will be leading one of the most talented team of software engineers in Visa building software defined infrastructure and application delivery platforms. You will also have an opportunity to make a large impact across Visa on how systems/applications are built and delivered. We build and support a variety of technologies that span multiple continents, deploying code dozens of times each day.
We are looking for a talented and versatile Engineering Director to join our team! We are looking for a hands own technology leader with significant experience in building cloud based platforms either in public or private cloud domains. You will be working in a dynamic environment and will be responsible for designing, architecting and building state-of-the art private cloud software that will help Visa improve time to market and reduce infrastructure and development cost.
Roles & Responsibilities (Your role @VISA)
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of software engineers building solutions and capabilities at scale and high engineering and quality standards.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions.
- Partner with architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best patterns and our architectural target state.
- Provide technical thought leadership towards solving problems for the team.
- Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables.
- Responsible for keeping the team engaged, motivated and operating with a high execution velocity.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring, and assist in hiring critical talent.
- Design, develop and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components
- Guiding developers in day to day design and coding tasks, stepping in to code if needed.
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Bachelors or Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science with 8+ years of experience
- Strong software product development background with a passion for building cloud based applications with high levels of reliability, availability and security
- Very good understanding of Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management needs.
- Significant experience building enterprise class applications using Java/J2EE technologies and/or Mean Stack
- Experience building Enterprise Restful web services
- Ability to guide user interface development teams with AngularJS or ReactJS would be plus
- Experience in technologies such as NoSQL, Hadoop, Go, Spark etc. is a big plus
- Experience with distributed computing, microservices and high volume transaction processing is a big plus
- Experience with service orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Nomad etc. is a plus
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications.
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practices and passion to implement these across teams.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- 2+ years of people management experience in agile software development
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.