Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Business Partner
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at Visa helps to identify, assess and prepare for any risks that may interfere with Visa’s objectives and operations. The ERM program at Visa is committed to not only mitigate the impact of adverse events but to also affirmatively help Visa to achieve its strategic objectives by identifying risks and recommending appropriate controls and mitigating measures. This is an exciting opportunity to join the ERM team as a Senior Analyst, Risk Business Partner
The successful candidate must have:
• Knowledge of ERM and traditional risk management and its relationship within a large organization, including understanding of risk concepts across the strategic, financial, operational, technology & legal domains
• Understand “three lines of defense” model and its real life application within a global entity
• Capability to recognize and understand root causes, patterns, or trends across a broad spectrum of activity that could result in risk to the organization
• Analytical and reasoning skills: Experience with risk identification, assessment, and mitigation of material risks, while assisting risk owners (1st line of defense) with development of controls and mitigation plans.
• Ability to quickly understand complex and fast moving topics and identify key points and go forward plans with limited information
• Data mining & data management skills: experience with capturing data to provide meaningful insights to business stakeholders on the evolving risk profile
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written, & experience in credibly probing and challenging colleagues with significantly more experience
• General awareness of the Payments industry, recent and ongoing developments, and the underlying technology that supports the ecosystem
Candidate will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Risk Business Partners team to execute against critical projects & risk assessments (Strategic Initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, country/regional risk assessments, and functional risk deep dives), including:
• Liaising with key stakeholder across functions and regions
• Facilitating risk management workshops and deep dives
• Identifying key points from complex topics, discussions and significant amounts of information to recognize ways to improve or bridge gaps in risk mitigation activities and capabilities
• Ensuring completion of identified risk mitigation strategies or closure of gaps
• Preparing reports, memos and updates to Senior Management and Governance Committees
• Maintaining global inventory of risks, mitigating action plans and controls, across the organization to proactively identify adverse trends
• Supporting the development of full reporting system solution to provide real time visibility into regional, functional & strategic initiative risk assessments
• Assisting in the delivery of training sessions and enhancing Visa’s Risk Management culture
• Minimum four-year degree from an accredited university; degree in Accounting, Finance or Business strongly preferred
• 5+ years related experience (consulting, strategy, business, finance, accounting) & risk experience preferred (ie. Financial (credit, liquidity, market), enterprise, operational etc.)
• Knowledge, skill and understanding in applying risk management practices specifically as it relates to ERM (assessment, scoring, tolerance, mitigation/management)
• General understanding and application of popular risk management frameworks including COSO
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and facilitation skills, plus ability to work independently and effectively in a continually changing environment
• Clear thinker with strong technical and data analysis skills, plus solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to develop strong relationships and work with all organizational levels
• General understanding of business, economic and financial principles
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• Understanding of the mergers and acquisition lifecycle, and business transformation initiatives
• Ability to identify and understand global risk events and how they impact on the enterprise
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.