Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk Operations
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at Visa helps to identify, assess and prepare for any risks that may interfere with Visa’s objectives and operations. The ERM program at Visa is committed to not only mitigate the impact of adverse events but also affirmatively help Visa to achieve its strategic objectives by identifying risks and recommending appropriate controls and mitigating measures. This is an exciting opportunity to join the ERM team as a Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk Operations
The Successful candidate must have:
• Knowledge of ERM and traditional risk management and its relationship within a large organization
• Understanding “three lines of defense” concept and its real life application within an entity
• Capability to recognize and understand root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in risk to the organization
• Analytical and reasoning skills: Experience with risk identification, assessment, and mitigation of material risks, while assisting risk owners (1st line of defense) with development of controls and mitigation plans
• Data mining & data management skills: experience with capturing data to provide meaningful insights to business stakeholders on the evolving risk profile
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
• General awareness of the payments industry, and the underlying technology that supports the ecosystem
Candidate will also be responsible for:
• Supporting ERM team to execute against the framework and road map for the development of risk capabilities, prioritization and reporting
• Assisting in the requirements gathering, development, implementation and deployment of a Corporate Risk systems strategy
• Supporting the enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool implementation and evolution
• Collecting, evaluating and maintaining inventory of risk data across the organization, integrated within a GRC application
• Performing periodic updates of policy, framework and standards, as it relates to the Visa Enterprise Risk Management program.
• Developing analytical reporting for risk assessments to identify and communicate risk profile changes
• Assisting in facilitating risk management workshops for 1st and 2nd line functions, managing and maintaining various procedures, documentation, and assessment plans
• Assisting colleagues with risk, and ERM policy questions and ensure training and on-going communications with business partners
• Minimum four-year degree from an accredited university; degree in Accounting, Finance or Business strongly preferred
• 5+ years related experience (business, finance, accounting), risk experience preferred (ie. credit, enterprise, operational etc.)
• Experience analyzing operational, regulatory, legal, fraud, reputation, compliance, strategic, technology and/or transaction risks.
• Experience in ERM policy development, assessments, mitigation activity, controls implementation, monitoring and reporting.
• Experience with collecting and analyzing data, structuring multiple database systems and presenting analytical findings/methodology to both technical/non-tech audiences
• Strong technical and data analysis skills
• General understanding of business, economic and financial principles
• Proficiency in MS Word, Access, PowerPoint
• Advanced MS Excel proficiency, including experience with VLOOKUP/INDEX/MATCH, Logic tests, Pivot Tabling
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.