Director Corporate Events, CEMEA
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role leads the Corporate Events function in CEMEA and is responsible for developing and executing internal and external Client events. Specifically, it will define the Regional event strategy, manage the end to end creation, planning and execution of large, Regional events and oversee the effective delivery of a $3M event budget.
Additionally, it will organize large regional strategy meetings, provide advisory support and guidance for other showcase Events and Sponsorships, create guidelines and best practices to ensure consistency in delivery of all events across CEMEA and evaluate the impact and benefit of events to guide decision-making going forward.
The role is based in Dubai and is responsible for managing a direct report and working across the organization with Senior Level stakeholders.
The role requires creativity, a Client centered focus, a strategic mindset as well as strong negotiating, engagement and influencing skills and includes the ability to manage budgets and adhere to internal procedures/policies.
Manage, organize and coordinate Visa's largescale regional Visa engagements annually (and manage or advise on other external events), playing a key role in agenda design (speakers, format, objectives) and breakout sessions that facilitate meeting objectives. Formulate the CEMEA and regional event strategies aligned to strategic priorities and calendars. Create a best practice repository/guidelines, acting as Centre of Excellence for event planning and delivery to assist non-expert staff and ensure consistency in approach and outcomes. Define and implement an approach to measure impact of events.
The successful candidate will be highly involved with program planning and development of a number of events ensuring they aligns with strategic objectives, as well as site selection, contracting, budgeting, attendees and registration, program implementation, onsite management and managing the integration of innovation & technology in all events. They will receive support from specialized external event vendors and Visa's Corporate Relations teams. The candidate will act as a professional meeting planning consultant offering guidance, creative solutions and assistance to various Visa departments on all aspects of meetings management. The Successful candidate must be able to facilitate domestic and international meeting programs, as required. Must possess in-depth knowledge of how events compliment a brand, drive regional and global business strategy and understand how events align with the overall marketing & communications strategy of a global organization.
- 7 + years Corporate Event Experience
- A passion for events with a deep understanding of how event engagement supports business objectives
- Creative approach to development of event concepts – “think outside the box” – with a desire to constantly innovate and improve all event aspects
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship management skills, particularly with senior executive level stakeholders
- Willing to challenge the status quo and look at things from a different angle
- Demonstrate leadership skills, experience in effectively managing resources and role modelling leadership behaviors
- Strong Client orientation, look to deliver impactful and beneficial meetings for Internal and External attendees with a focus on quality
- Driven, self-starter with an ability to prioritize projects in a deadline driven environment
- Proactive, bring forward new ideas and ways of managing events
- Highly flexible, collaborative problem solver – able to adjust, suggest and change direction on events as needed
- Experience in the Fintech or payments industry preferred but not required
- Job requires 20 – 25% overnight travel and from time to time; overtime and weekend work.
- Good working knowledge of online Event Management suite of tools including online registration and setting-up / managing web-based event programs (Cvent, Eloqua, Quickmobile and others)