Director, Engineering (REF16319Y) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
* Lead Visa Developer team to drive growth and improvements in the developer experience.
* Hire the best in class talent to build/expand high performance team.
* Own the quality of the code.
* Improve API on-boarding platform and support tools for the better API and client on-boarding experience.
• Drive improvements around customer experiences by reducing Incident response and resolution times and by communicating upfront on changes/releases and impact to availability for all supported services.
• Drive continuous improvements projects around change/release management to minimize customer impact due to changes. Do deep dive analysis around incidents and derive Root Cause Analysis.
* Work with various Technology and Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
• Establish standards for the design, architecture and scalable disaster recovery plans across multiple web portals.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to less-experienced team members.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise application development
- Experience in leading high performing team
- Must have a strong base in building scalable, reliable and highly performance system
- Self-motivated and driven for excellence
- Must love coding – hands-on technical skills
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Managing micro-services based system is a plus
- Experience in leading and managing web application team is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.