Lead Java Architect - Data Product Development, Digital Marketing Experience
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Ensure “operational excellence” capabilities (usability, availability, resilience, security, etc.) are assessed, planned and built into the platform.
- Ensure platform meets security compliance criteria at all times
- Identify and implement opportunities in the platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability.
- Drive down technical debt and cost of operations/support.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- Experience leading a team and experience of being responsible for delivering large projects successfully.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field.
- Experience of testing at the unit, integration and system levels.
- Experience with data and site migration
- Experience with other large scale WCM or CMS implementation a plus.
- Experience of multithreaded software design
- Ability to work quickly in an agile environment, part of an on-call rotation duty among other engineers.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline. Working knowledge and experience in CI / CD tools like Jenkins, GIT
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.