Director – Business Planning and Operations, Project Management Office
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Business Planning and Operations (BPO) team supports the Regional President CEMEA in driving organizational and process changes to integrate business practices with the Global Business Units and Functions to facilitate achievement of financial and business goals for the region. Closely engaging with internal stakeholders the team provides guidance, oversight and project management across the strategic and BAU priorities of the region.
Based in Dubai reporting into the Senior Director, Performance and Program Management. This is an individual contributor role, with no direct reports.
The Director – Project Management Office will play a key central role in driving business effectiveness through a best-in-class project/program management capability, ensuring successful execution of strategic plans across the CEMEA (Central Europe Middle East and Africa) region and BAU business activities.
Primary responsibilities of this position are to:
- Ensure the Program Management Office function is the Centre of Excellence for project management, through use of standardized processes, methods, tools and metrics as part of a repeatable consistent project delivery process across CEMEA
- Inform, communicate and train employees about standardized project processes and best practices to increase efficiency across the organization and sub regions
- Stakeholder management by coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for a flawless execution of projects
- Help define and document project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Program manage key large/cross-functional projects, track status, risks & issues and drive accountability vs. plan
- Assist in the prioritization/sequencing of projects using defined criteria and identify project overlaps to increase effectiveness
- Report status across all projects at a portfolio level to senior management, identifying when action is required and recommending solutions to overcome roadblocks across all areas of the business
- Assess completed projects under purview and ensure deliverable's consistent with project goals
- Create a repository of lessons learned on projects to continually improve project performance
- Focused on delivery of results through effective planning and solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to influence without authority and work effectively in a matrix organisation
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to key stakeholders
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and drive. Able to proactively identify areas of improvement and develop plans to address
- Ability to use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Ability to develop or modify existing methods/processes
- Ability to coach and mentor individuals acting as project managers to help them perform effectively and overcome obstacles
Required Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ work experience. International experience and exposure to matrixed organizations preferable.
- PRINCE2 or PMP experience or qualifications with proven ability to execute against tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience leading large complex projects with multiple work streams, and coordinating complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).