Senior Project Manager
- Foster City, CA, us
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Manage multiple complex programs and projects for the Operations and Infrastructure Core Systems Operations and Engineering Infrastructure Project Management Office. Candidate will work with technical staff, customers and Senior Management across organizational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule, and coordinate all areas to successfully complete phases and deliverables.
- Serve as a PD lane's single point of contact into O&I for multiple and/or complex lanes.
- Build and maintain strong Senior Leadership relationship with Operations & Infrastructure as well as the Service Lane supported
- Serve as Core Systems lead on all large infrastructure projects, working across all O&I operations and engineering lanes, as well as Finance to prepare and develop infrastructure solutions based on PD requirements, including preparing initial order of magnitude estimates, and further elaborating on estimate details to develop a comprehensive estimate and solution for review and approval by all executive stakeholders.
- Prepare funding package documentation, including business cases/financial models and executive summaries, working with Finance, PD lane and engineering functions.
- Project/program scheduling and planning, including ongoing schedule and status updates.
- Manage tasks and coordination of resources assigned to the project.
- Provide leadership and oversight of program and project performance and ensure compliance with program and project management and information security methodologies.
- Identify, manage, and resolve issues and conflicts.
- Risk identification and management.
- Complete Visa's project management compliance activities, including required Gate Reviews.
- Communicate project status and issues with stakeholders and leadership.
- Track and report project's and/or program's forecasted and actual costs, and provide explanations on variances.
- Set up project tasks and schedules using MS Project.
- Manage change controls and change impact assessments for scope, schedule and budget.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-organizational functions to deliver on objectives.
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures.
- Use abilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Maintain excellent internal and external customer relationships.
- Provide prioritization of initiatives across lanes and O&I. Ensure business and O&I needs are met with limited resources.
- Work directly with Project Management, Development, Business Stakeholders, and IT teams to ensure that new initiatives are delivered on-time and within budget from an Engineering perspective.
- Build relationships and remain in constant contact with various Operations and Engineering teams, including Network, Security, Storage, Database, Middleware, Capacity Planning, Linux, Unix, Windows, Support, Performance and Tools, and facilities.
- Ensure that proposed initiatives are accurately estimated, designed to spec, and delivered to the targeted service level solution.
- 10 years of hands-on project/program management experience, including a minimum of 2 years with large or complex (12+ month duration, $3-5 million budget) IT projects with 10 or more core team members and extended teams of 30-100+ members
- Track record of on-time, on-scope, high-quality implementations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Visa Core Systems and products, as well as applications, plus experience in Visa's Project Management Methodology preferred
- Proven success in coordinating large teams in delivery of complex solutions
- Strong process orientation; solid understanding of project/program management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and analytical skills, including project scheduling, estimating, risk identification, and change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated in writing samples
- Strong analytical skills, with a minimum of 10 years in analysis and requirements positions
- Knowledge and experience with a formal Project Management Methodology
- Competency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to meet schedules
- Familiarity with Agile & Scrum processes and working in Sprints a plus
- ITIL v3 Certification a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.