Business Development Leader
- Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Manage to grow the Visa business with assigned clients providing business solutions, product and services, in order to increase payment transactions. Develop and maintain the relationship between Visa and his/her clients coordinating the internal resources (Operations, Systems, Products, Marketing, Risk, Finance), in order to support client's business and watching the reputation of the Visa brand. Manage the P&L and cost center for his/her assigned clients. The position requires a strategic mindset and a creative and innovative approach on a day to day interactions with clients and internally.
- Understand and deeply know the client's business structure, segments and strategies to identify the areas where Visa can add value resulting in increased revenues for both parties.
- Create and identify new business opportunities within his/her clients.
- Analyze Bank's profile, strategies and products in order to offer more adequate products and services.
- Increase business volume throughout the excellent business relationship management
- Identify, recommend and implement business alliances to improve clients' results.
- Monitor competitors' activities and market penetration.
- Responsible of successfully launching new products within his/her clients.
- Deep understanding on Digital payments landscape, including new technologies and abilities to develop innovation road maps with clients.
This role focusses on business growth, reporting to the Country Manager in Chile, the candidate will manage the implementation of country & client strategies, objectives and plans in order to achieve business targets. This will be achieved by growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new payment flows with a detailed focus on emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the development of Chile business development strategy.
- Identify P&L opportunities for the client
- Ensure the development of individual designated clients' operational plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals.
- Ensure that the necessary Marketing plans are in place with sufficient lead time and have justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyse trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa.
- Monitor, analyse and develop/respond to competitors strategies.
Business Development & Relationship Management
- Assist with the relationships with key partners and other organizations involved in payment services.
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches.
- Identify new business development opportunities and take accountability for securing them.
- Focus on achieving business targets through growing existing business and developing new business opportunities. Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers of designated clients, partner companies. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa's views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
8-10 minimum years of professional experience
Bachelor’s Degree Required
Bilingual English and Spanish (proficient verbal and written)
Requires expert business strategy and development skills
Requires knowledge of payment products industry
Demonstrates excellent relationship management skills
Electronic payment experience preferred
Consumer banking products knowledge preferred
Experience in B2B digital services
- Exceptional negotiation skills leading to timely, profitable resolutions
- Client sales, relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes
- Project Management
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.