Merchant Data Products – Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Are you intrigued by solving problems using data, bringing products to market? Are you brimming with ideas to solve challenging problems? Do you have the skills and the drive to turn your ideas into innovative products? Do you get excited to work with a mountain of data tied to people’s deliberate actions and choices? Then read on, this role just might be the perfect fit for you.
As part of the Global Data Products team at Visa, you will be a key product owner responsible for merchant insights features, functionality and development as well as identifying strategic opportunities to apply Visa’s significant data assets and analytics capabilities to help merchants get better insights on their customers, market and benchmark against their peers.
To execute on your vision, you will define and manage a multi-year product roadmap. To be successful, you will need a deep understanding of how data and analytics applied to key verticals such as retail, travel, QSR, Grocery etc. You have strong product management fundamentals and technical chops. You are adept at leading cross-functional teams to bring new products to market, drive adoption and solve for scale.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Product Management, Merchant Data Products within Visa's Global Data Products group.
- Drive the full software development lifecycle of business insights products for merchants from concept to operations including data insights and onboarding features
- Work closely with Industry leads, SMEs and clients to understand and convert merchant business requirements into software requirements that meet client business needs
- Work closely with UX designers and software engineers through ideation, planning, development and release of new releases
- Support legal, data privacy and other internal teams to ensure data structures, metrics and features are compliant
- Employ rapid prototype and other iterative methodologies to create, test and iterate product designs
- Follow and champion Agile processes to effectively and efficiently bring releases to market with successful user adoption
- Create and manage backlog of epics and stories to drive development processes through management of development teams based in Bangalore and/or Foster City
- Implement and manage user metrics such as usage, experience, value realization
- 3+ years experience of product management experience, preferably with an agile development team
- Excellent ability to understand the user’s objectives and needs to create clear and compelling user stories
- Past experience with data driven products including experience with owning requirements for the business architecture, integration and publication
- Highly curious, opportunity-centric product manager who can assess, decide, evaluate and iterate quickly
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and facilitate healthy communication
- Product mindset of simplicity and clarity
- Excellent listener; ability to inspire respect and trust at all levels
- Bachelors’ degree in business management, computer science or information technology
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.