Staff QA Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is recruiting a Lead quality engineer for its Developer Digital Platform – RISE team to bring creative thinking to a key strategic product. Working and building a team of talented engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
The candidate will achieve the RISE (Release Integration Support Engineering) mission
“We will improve client readiness of releases, Champion shift left, and promote Transparency in test conveyed via test pyramid to reduce release related RISK(s)”
- Champion Shift Left Processes
- Collaborate with product and software developer teams to establish Qualification for production release, Identification & Automation of End to End use cases, and develop collaboration tools/reporting to improve Quality.
- Develop and/or Maintain automation tools/frameworks to support JSON based tests
- Execute and confirm automated/Manual test during certification cycles
- Adhere to Data Driven approach to support Reporting and Metric driven Test Iterations
- Establish quality process & measurements to ensure software quality in a continuous integration environment
- Participate in a Kanban Team process as Team contributor to deliver features and increase the feature test coverage
- Identify & Obtain SME knowledge base on the System at Hand
- Lead, Coach & Mentor subordinates and/or Consultants
- Collaborate with Cross team developers and product to increase MERCHANT/ISSUER End to End test coverage, improve efficiency & effectiveness and promote best practices.
- Identify, record and document thoroughly and track bugs
- Maintain and/or update documentation that communicates the standards and procedures
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IS, or other related field
- 8+ years of software development or equivalent test automation experience
- 5+ years JAVA
- Highly Skilled in JSON Methods and Encryption Methodology(s)
- Heavily Practiced in rational databases
- Experienced Debugger by reviewing log file validation on a LINUX/UNIX server, Splunk
- Ability to Use and Obtain SME knowledge base to define and communicate writing test cases, test plans, and/or test strategies
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Agile methodology experience is required