Senior Hadoop Adminstator-Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™
World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Responsible to Perform Hadoop Administration on Production Hadoop clusters
- Perform Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly work on key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
- Develop and enhance platform best practices
- Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements
- Responsible for support of Hadoop Production environment which includes Hive, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, Hbase, etc.
- Perform optimization capacity planning of a large multi-tenant clusters
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in maintaining, optimization, issue resolution of Hadoop clusters, supporting Business users and Batch
- Experience in Configuring and setting up Hadoop clusters and provide support for - aggregation, lookup & fact table creation criteria, Map Reduce tuning, data node, NN recovery, etc.
- Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell, awk scripting
- Experience in building and scalable Hadoop applications
- Experience in Core Java, Hadoop (Map Reduce, Hive, Pig, HDFS, H-catalog, Zookeeper and OOzie)
- Hands-on Experience in SQL (Oracle ) and No SQL Databases (HBASE/Cassandra/Mongo DB)
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven, Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven track record developing and launching products at scale
- Minimum of four year technical degree required
- Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred
- Hands-on Experience as a Linux Sys Admin is a plus
- Knowledge on Spark and Kafka is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.