Associate Product Manager, Data APIs & Platforms
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa has an extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 46 million merchant locations globally and captures more than 160 billion transactions per year. Making this data more usable and accessible to our clients, in a responsible way, is key to enabling our clients to better serve their customers through insights from the data and to putting cash out of business.
The focus of the Data APIs and Platforms team is building a scalable service architecture and products that provide Visa’s diverse, global client and partner base value-added APIs (benchmarks, predictive models, and enriched data) in a simple, efficient and scalable way. We are looking for an Associate Product Manager who brings a strong sense of ownership and a can-do attitude in tackling the challenge, wants to build their product management experience and can work collaboratively across a highly matrixed organization to drive results. You will join a Global Data Product team of data enthusiasts that includes data scientists, product managers, data architects, technologists and many more.
This role reports into the Sr. Director of Data APIs and Platforms, and will support Product Managers in the ideation, development and execution of the product roadmap. You will be working day-to-day with colleagues across Visa, and across the globe to drive adoption of our Data APIs. The position is based either at Visa's headquarter in the San Francisco Bay Area (Foster City, CA) or our office in the Washington, DC Metro Area (Ashburn, VA).
- Support Product Managers in the ideation, development and execution of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with team to set long-term vision and strategy for your products through evidence-based decision-making, contribute to product roadmap and evangelize with internal partners and external clients.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong relationships by engaging colleagues and breaking down silos - yet act decisively, and acknowledge and recover from mistakes quickly
- Empower engineering through joint discovery, decision-making and accountability – work as one team
- Help build, nurture and convert our API sales pipeline
- Bring a passion for how we make our clients more successful, our data more useful, and Visa better.
The successful candidate will likely have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or technology field such as business/finance, operations research, economics, computer science
- 1-2 years professional experience in product management, consulting, business strategy, analytics or e-commerce.
- Strong analytical skills. Comfortable sourcing data from internal and external sources.
- Comfort presenting to senior stakeholders, and current and prospective clients
- A strong understanding of Agile development methodologies (bonus if it’s hands-on using JIRA)
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Team player focused on “getting things done”
- Track record of delivering results on time and proactively managing expectations with stakeholders and leadership
- Collaboration, accountability, drive, inquisitiveness, adaptability, humor, empathy and humility will get you far
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.