Software Engineer - Level 3
- London, UK
Job Title: Software Engineer - Level 3
Job Code: REF15044G
Skill Category: Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Friday 1st March 2019
Closing Date: Thursday 28th March 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
If you think you could support Visa as a Software Engineer, Innovation Center, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Blockchain, Mobile, Front-end, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. We are looking for expert software engineers to help us build some innovative products and pilots.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Identifies innovative solutions taking into consideration the fast-changing payment eco-system
- Undertakes feasibility study to design software solutions based on pilot requirements;
- Writes and codes individual programs according to requirements either for mobile apps or for back-end at a very fast pace
- Develops user interfaces
- Act as a software consultant when engaging with Product team members and/or client workshops
- Develops restful APIs which are ODATA compliant
- Ensures code developed conforms to all SSDLC requirements
- Conducts unit testing, integration testing and regression testing where applicable for software developed for front-end and back-end applications
- Develops software for long-range proximity payments
- Identifies and develops software that caters to non-functional requirements such as performance, volume, etc.
- Re-models and refactors existing microservices to onboard onto an existing piloting platform.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, you will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As a Software Engineer in the Innovation Center, you'll undertake development of several innovation projects in a fiscal year. These projects are instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
What we're after...
- BS/MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Expert level skills in Java / C# / C++
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
- Experience implementing multiple cross cutting concerns and non-functional requirements using aspect oriented programming (viz. aspectJ)
- Mid-level hands-on development experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Experience in building ODATA compliant REST services
- Experience in language features such as lambda expressions, generics, and streams
- Experience in working on cryptography and Bluetooth based transmission protocols
- Experience in IoT, NFC, Bluetooth LE, machine learning / data science, NLP
- Experience in global payments tech industry
- Strong expertise in long-range proximity payments
- Experience in remodelling and rewriting applications
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!