- Ashburn, VA, USA
VISA's Distributed Systems Architecture and Engineering strategy is to collaborate with our Product development teams, and other teams within Operations & Infrastructure team for Engineering, building and maintaining the most innovative, reliable, secure and cost-effective distributed solutions to meet VISA customers’ growing needs.
“We believe diverse and inclusive teams come up with the best innovation and ideas,” At Visa, we value
the incredible contributions Visa women technologists make every day and support their growth and advancement within the organization. Visa’s programs, employee experience and policies are among the best for women technologists in the Industry.
Check out four different organizations that recently honored Visa:
Fortune’s Most Admired Companies List: Visa ranked No. 42 on Fortune’s annual list, up from No. 46 last year. To determine the best-regarded companies, executives, directors and analysts were asked to rate enterprises in their own industry on nine criteria, including investment value, quality of management and products, social responsibility and ability to attract talent. Visa also once again took the top spot in its industry.
The Best Employers For Diversity 2019: Visa ranked No. 10 on Forbes’ annual list, jumping from No. 41 last year. Forbes, in partnership with the research firm Statista, developed this list by surveying U.S. employees, examining employer diversity policies, as well as diversity in executive suites and on boards.
Bloomberg’s 2019 Gender-Equality Index (GEI): The GEI recognizes companies committed to advancing women in the workplace, and Visa made the list for the second year in a row. This year 230 companies “committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women’s equality in the workplace” were included on the index.
Women’s Choice Awards: Visa hit the trifecta with the Women’s Choice Awards. The organization recognized Visa as a best place to work for women, millennials and multicultural women. The recognition is based on publicly available information about Visa from places like Glassdoor, annual reports, company websites and other lists – like the three mentioned above.
This position will be responsible for a broad range of executive administrative support duties for a senior member of Visa Inc.'s Technology Team. The successful candidate must possess the ability to stay several steps ahead and anticipating the needs of an extremely busy senior executive. We are looking for someone who takes great pride in being an Executive Assistant and who will serve as an ambassador for Visa and the Operations & Infrastructure team.
- Managing daily calendars for the VP – Distributed Systems Architecture and Engineering, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules based on last-minute changes
- Managing daily administrative functions in support of the Ashburn location on behalf of the Operations and Infrastructure organization
- Organizing domestic and international travel arrangements for the executive and/or members of his direct staff
- Prepare expense reports (using Concur)
- Manage complex calendaring and scheduling of staff and individual meetings, teleconferences, team off-sites, and other events
- Supporting key team initiatives, playing a part as a project coordinator. Duties may include: support with expanded staff meetings, meeting logistics (both internal and external), presentations, management of shared team information and resources on intranet/portals
- Work with senior leadership executive assistants to create seamless office operations
- Prepare documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must
- Act as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator as the first contact for the executive and others in the department
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible
- Manage the day-to-day work flow as well as possess confidence and strong communication skills to interface with all levels of staff
- Effectively and successfully respond to problem situations and prioritize issues
- This role at times requires off-hours responsiveness (for example when the executive is in a different time zone)
- Advanced experience in administrative support (Experience at an international level not required but considered a strong PLUS)
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and professional presence with a confident and approachable personality
- Capable of working with discretion and tact in an environment exposed to a high level of sensitive and confidential information
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience; with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Strong communication (written and verbal), detail-oriented, highly organized and ability to work across functions with executives (both internal & external)
- Intrinsically-motivated, highly organized and results-oriented. Able to work with little to no supervision. Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, and can anticipate and resolve problems before they escalate
- History of creative problem solving, analytical skills, ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure
- Experience creating and/or supporting presentation development for senior management
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint. (Must have Excel experience.) Additional experience with SAP Concur and Ariba would be beneficial
- Highly proficient in organizing travel
- Detail-oriented and ability to complete work assignments with a high degree of quality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assist multiple team members at the same time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.