Senior Technical Support Analyst (Innovation Center, Beijing)
- Beijing, China
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our End users. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide Operational support for the services we're responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems Support team, the Senior Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day support, maintenance, content upload / refresh and troubleshooting of the AV, technical and content management system for our Innovation Center in Beijing. This person will often be among clients and executives in the Innovation Center and will be responsible for setting up presentations, conference calls, video conferences, AV required to support client engagements and other technical requirements as required by the team. This person is generally the point of contact for all AV and technical support and requirements for the briefing center. They will work independently and proactively, with guidance only needed in the most complex situations.
The successful candidate will be more than simply a support technician. We’re looking for people who embrace technology and have a passion for growing and learning. We want the support team to be recognized as industry leaders in excellent customer service, meanwhile being excellent technologists who can effectively resolve and communicate with various levels of resources within a dynamic organization. Our intent is to find SME’s who have the capacity to evolve, learn and grow as our technologies grow. Complacency isn’t a virtue we’re looking for.
- Responsible for all maintenance and troubleshooting of all AV and technology in the Briefing Center.
- Point person for integration and implementation of new AV and all technical tools/resources within the Briefing Center. Responsible for set up and tear down of Briefing Center equipment prior to and after engagements. Track and maintain updates and version changes to all AV and content management systems.
- Prioritize, review and schedule all engagement technical requests. Be the technical support to the entire briefing center team – plan and prioritize all technical functions of the Briefing Center.
- Work closely with other departments and vendors that support engagement operations (Facilities, IT, Security, outside vendors). Source and manage all supporting outside technical services to the Briefing Center.
- Technical support for Board of Directors meetings and other executive engagements.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule occasionally in order to support events that take place in the early morning or evening (advance notice is provided).
- Ensure the briefing center meets expectations with regard to appearance, cleanliness, organization, functionality and overall quality experience.
- Assist with the A/V logistics for the Innovation Center buildouts in other locations.
- Assist with Briefing Centers Demo Studio and Innovation Center improvements and upgrades
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; time management skills are critical
- Bachelor's degree and/or at least 8 years of relevant Professional experience preferred
- Diverse advanced knowledge of IT infrastructures, networks and firewall.
- Diverse knowledge in supporting mobile devices such as Tablets and Smartphones on iOS and Android platform.
- Knowledge supporting Apple Macs
- Ability to support and interact with VIPs, Executives and Company leaders
- Project and/or program management experience
- Attention to detail in all areas; spelling and writing are of particular importance
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the department and customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, sometimes under pressure
- Enthusiasm for learning and willingness to go above and beyond
Experience & Education Required
8+ years’ experience
Good knowledge and working experience on AV, Network and Firewall systems
Provide excellent customer service.
Effectively manages difficult or volatile situations.
Effective problem solving.
Ability to effectively perform issue isolation and resolution in order to minimize downtime.
Ability to schedule and prioritize.
Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedures, and OEM guides.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives.
Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly.
Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users, and technical teams.
Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations
Possess depth and breadth of in technologies required to support end user systems
Advanced knowledge and mastery of cores skills and competencies used to complete practical assignments of a difficult nature.
Other Required Characteristics
Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity.
A great listener.
Flexible with hours.
Obsessed with Customer Experience
Action and Results orientated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.