Manager, Product Strategy
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
You will be the part of the Product Strategy and Lifecycle Management team responsible for establishing a concrete cadence to fuel Ideation and bring products faster to the market. The team, in collaboration with the product heads, ensures that Visa invests in the most strategic initiatives that solve customer needs. We are looking for people who would be passionate about bringing the change the way Visa thinks about what to build.
This position will involve development and ongoing management of the 2-3 year product roadmap for one or more Visa product vertical(s). You would develop deep understanding of the assigned Visa product vertical(s), the markets it operates in and the competition it faces from the incumbent players and the emerging Fintech companies. You will liaise with the global product and regional product teams to set and prioritize the product and solution initiatives.
Core duties for the role include:
- Collaborate with corporate and regional product leads to build 2-3 year product roadmap for the assigned product verticals(s).
- Assist with the execution of Ideation and Evaluation process across all of the product organization to ensure Visa funds the most strategic and profitable opportunities.
- Champion the change across the all of the product organization as Visa moves to an agile based consistent product development and delivery methodology.
- Maintain and evolve long term product roadmap in coordination with regional and global product teams
- Communicate and coordinate overall product strategy and roadmap across cross-functional stakeholders including CSS, Marketing, Technology, and Regional product teams.
- Define and track success measures across product delivery and lifecycle management
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, planning and product management roles. Management consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze the market in terms of future profit pools, payment volume growth, pricing opportunities, competitor threats etc.
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment. Driving consensus, decisions and results through influencing would be key to success.
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills.
- Understanding of the payment industry preferred.
- Understanding of Agile development process.
- Transformation experience preferred.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.