Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Strategic Corporate Analysis team is looking for a highly analytical Senior Financial Analyst with a strong FP&A and/or M&A background. Our team directly supports Visa’s President, CFO and other senior leaders throughout the company with in-depth financial and business driver analyses to better understand business performance. In addition, we are responsible for analysis related to mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments, competitor intelligence efforts, and global pricing and incentives.
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious and hard-working professional who will be a key member of the team. This role will have significant exposure to business leaders across Visa and will participate in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of key business drivers and financial results used by executive management. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and analytical skills and be a self-motivated, highly collaborative team player. This position will be based in Visa’s San Francisco office.
• Lead quantitative analysis to provide proactive insight into Visa’s business drivers
• Quarterback Finance engagement and workstreams on M&A and investment activities and develop financial models to support mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments
• Identify implications of business trends and develop recommendations to improve Visa’s financial performance
• Develop executive level presentations of financials for President and prepare the President’s presentations to internal and external audiences including the Board of Directors
• Analyze competitors’ financial performance and provide fact-based understanding of competitive landscape to executive leadership
• Identify cross-regional trends related to pricing and client incentives; determine implications and develop recommendations to improve pricing strategies/execution and deal terms
• Lead financial analysis for global client/partner incentive deals
• Be proactive and resourceful in fully utilizing publicly available data
• Build strong knowledge of Visa's business through constant communication with partners across Finance and Strategy
• Utilize business understanding to perform complex financial and statistical analysis that lead to business insights
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, mathematics, economics, statistics or
- related quantitative field.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant financial analysis work experience; with 4-6 years in corporate finance, investment banking or management consulting
- MBA strongly preferred
- You have advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong business acumen and commercial intuition required. Understanding of Visa’s business is preferred but not necessary
• You have previous FP&A and/or M&A experience
• You have outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
• Experience developing storylines and presentation materials which convey complex information in a clear and succinct manner
• Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management
• You have proven expertise in modeling techniques and managing large data sets
• Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
• Strong bias for action and ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and produce time sensitive deliverables
• High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.