Sr. IT Auditor, Internal Audit
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently looking to attract a talented professional to join our Global Internal Audit team as a Sr. IT Auditor.
Participate on large-scale engagements of company activities under the supervision of audit management. Assist in the execution of key areas of each audit engagement. Develop and maintain client relationships, assisting in explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results. Keep up with company business strategies, IT industry technology advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Assist audit management in preparation for engagement risk assessment, planning and audit scope development.
- Participate in developing the audit work program, in consultation with audit management, for efficient and effective testing of key controls.
- Execute specific areas of an audit project under the supervision of the audit management, performing audit work using Visa’s standard audit methodology to evaluate risk, determine control objectives, and verify the extent to which client techniques meet objectives.
- Document test results in work papers ready for audit management review.
- Inform audit management of project status and results.
- Interact with client management to assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism. Keep audit management informed of audit findings, and assist business partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, and evaluate adequacy of management’s response. Where appropriate, test corrective actions taken.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of client management to ensure that audit management is aware of changes in business activities and objectives and, if necessary, an audit response is developed.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills to the appropriate levels of Visa and audit management during the audit process.
- Demonstrate understanding of Visa’s and Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and responsible for actions promoting this strategic vision.
- Interact with audit project team members in working towards departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
- 3-6 years of technical experience in one of more of the following domains: information security, distributed operating systems, databases, network technology, mobile payments, tokenized services, cloud-based and virtualized environments, IBM mainframe, or Hadoop.
- Experience in working on audit project teams in a complex operational and regulatory environment that includes mainframe distributed and network technology platforms.
- Experience evaluating system controls associated with complex business applications.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10% - 25%.
Highly desirable attributes:
- One or more IT Audit certifications or other audit related certifications (e.g., CISA, CFE, CRISC, etc.).
- One or more Technical certifications or other information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CISM, etc.).
- Audit experience in a large financial institution or a matrix organization.
- Broad exposure to information security, network and access controls will be highly regarded.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.