Sr. IT Audit Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Participate on large-scale engagements of company activities under the supervision of a Director or Sr. Director – Internal Audit. Assist in the design and drive the execution of key areas of assigned audit engagements, while assisting more junior members of the team where appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management, explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results to all levels of management. Stay abreast of company business strategies, IT industry technology advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Participate in planning and audit scope development as well as coordinate and lead the execution of selected complex technology-related audits supervising other team members and providing coaching where requested.
- Provide reports on the effectiveness of the business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
- Assess audit findings / gaps, including control weaknesses, with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism and seeking to completely understand the risks to the firm.
- Assist technology partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on relevant weaknesses noted within audit reports.
- Provide control advisory services to management to assist in initial design or redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of overall business issues. Understand Company structure and functional responsibility. Assess efficiency and effectiveness of a business unit (during a project) and align with Visa-wide strategy and objectives.
- Interact with the technology client stakeholders and the Audit Leadership Team to offer consultation and ensure quality control of Audit Department practices.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed
- Assist audit management with macro reporting by providing data relevant to technology audit findings.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to Visa’s and Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and promote project ownership and responsibility for actions. Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
- 7-10+ years of deep technical experience in one or more of the following domains: data center design and management, information security, distributed operating systems, databases (SQL or NoSQL), network technology, mobile payments, tokenized services, cloud-based and virtualized environments, SAN and NAS storage systems, IBM mainframe, or Hadoop.
- Experience evaluating system controls associated with complex business applications.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong experience in managing audit project teams in a complex operational and regulatory environment that includes mainframe distributed and network technology platforms.
- Strong experience evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10 - 20%.
Highly desirable attributes:
- Extensive information security, cybersecurity and network control audit knowledge.
- Audit experience in a large financial institution or a matrix organization.
- One or more IT Audit certifications or other audit related certifications (e.g., CISA, CFE, CRISC, etc.).
- One or more Technical certifications or other information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CISM, etc.).
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.