Associate Product Manager (REF15192Z) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The discipline was started at tech companies amd at DDP, we have started to use the same principles. This position will report to the Director of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) of Visa's Digital And Developer Platfrom (DDP) division.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background in Data center Operations, large scale platforms etc. He/she will also have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker and have significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery. The position will be based in Visa’s Foster City office.
- Key contributor to help drive the tactical product management function our centralized software platforms for processing, managing, and serving data to the entire company
- Key contributor to defining the stories, run the cross functional teams and relentless evangelist
- Define and drive the site reliability engineering product roadmap by partnering with all partners
- Define products and services including the scope and prioritization of features of DDP SRE in an agile way while the needs and development evolve. Influence product and technology strategy and direction, and product/user experience
- Define success metrics and SLAs/SLOs on the key product APIs and services
- Work closely with business analysts, and engineers to facilitate and guide the product development process
- Ideate and implement resiliency patterns in DDP products
- Be the customer champion of DDP's OperA product platform
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science and minimum 8 years of experience including at least 2 years in people management
- Experience with Google's SRE practices
- Experience in one or more mainstream programming languages
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- People management experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.