Director, Asia Pacific Corporate Strategy
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director role in the Asia-Pacific (AP) Corporate Strategy Team reports to the AP Regional Head of Strategy and supports development of regional and market-specific strategy efforts. As a strategist, the individual will work with and support key areas of the business – both across functions and geographies – in conducting analysis to support development of strategies in alignment with the regional and global priorities. This role will also support regional business planning needs, monitoring of competitive developments across the region / globally, and development of timely response to emerging trends and opportunities across AP. This position will be based out of Singapore.
- Bachelor degree preferably with in Economics, Statistics, Business or similar
- 8+ years of relevant experience in business analysis / strategy development within Visa or at an external management consultancy or investment bank
- Strong analytical and data management capabilities, ability to work with cross-functional teams, and proven experience in project management
- Pro-active and effective communicator, experienced in presenting information to all levels
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment under dynamic market and organizational conditions and multi-task effectively
- Able to engage, influence and build credibility with management and key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and strategic acumen
- Strong interpersonal and execution skills
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage work in different time zones effectively
- International experience a plus
- Professional, confident and outgoing with the ability to maintain good communication with internal audience
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction
- Highly numerate, with attention to detail and strong knowledge of financial modeling, scenario-building and analysis
- Broad understanding / experience in payment cards and financial services a plus