Staff Accessibility Researcher
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Core Design is seeking a Staff Accessibility Researcherwith significant experience in WCAG 2.0/2.1 website/app, mobile web, and native mobile testing & analysis to consult with teams working to make accessible consumer-facing payment tools and applications. This position will be the key accessibility SME for product development teams and will not only test, solve, and consult on accessibility issues at all stages of the lifecycle, but will work with the team to mature this capability, providing training and organizational process improvement support.
The ideal candidate thrives in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication. This individual is both highly analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrates superb design, writing and presentation skills. This individual actively fosters collaboration both inside and outside the team, evangelizes and promotes inclusive experiences within the company, and can juggle several high-level projects while delivering A-level work on all of them.
Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor. Will need to collaborate with and influence staff in all roles and at all levels within the team.
6 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or 4 years with Master’s degree, demonstrable expertise in accessibility (Section 508/WCAG) analysis, design, and testing as well as working with teams to bring about improvements in process and effectiveness.
· Strong subject matter expertise in WCAG 2.0/2.1, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards
· Demonstrable experience helping teams evolve from no accessibility to strong, sustained accessibility built into their structure, process, culture, and products.
· Subject Matter Expertise in ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications)
· Experience using common accessibility testing tools as well as Screen Readers such as JAWS, NVDA, Talkback & Voiceover
· Experience with web and native mobile accessibility
· Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users
· Thorough, methodical, and creative with extreme attention to detail
· Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
· Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, must be able to communicate clearly, be easily understood, and build rapport with others easily.
· Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
· Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes