Sr. SQL Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
The Issuer Processing Services group develops and manages end-to-end technology solutions that provide flexible managed services to help issuer clients grow their debit and prepaid business.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Open Systems Application Development. The successful candidate will be part of a team to design and develop complex SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, and perform unit and integration testing on newly developed components. Candidate will assist with troubleshooting and resolving defects during the software development lifecycle. Candidate will interface directly with staff members of Development, Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Analyze and develop applications using SQL Server 2012 and above. This includes but is not limited to stored procedures, views, table maintenance, and SSIS.
- Analyze and develop applications using NoSQL databases (Hadoop, Cassandra, Hbase and MongoDB)
- Develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop unit-tests and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams on software development or support issues.
- Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, as well as management.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate and recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define and implement solutions.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system administration.
- Knowledgeable of one or more Apache Software Foundation Big Data & Database projects such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Hbase, MongoDB, Flume and etc.
- Knowledgeable of common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and etc.
- Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Service excellence and innovation; create opportunities; consistently think and act 'ahead of the curve.'
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline
- Must have knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle including project management, functional requirements definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system certification, systems implementation and system validation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.