Lead Data Scientist - Cybersecurity
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Who we are looking for
You are an engineer who has domain knowledge or an interest in networking, Big Data, machine learning and cybersecurity. You are ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world’s most advanced cybersecurity technologies and thrive in a super dynamic environment where you are being counted on to help to defend Visa from the most advanced cyber threats. You are looking to innovate the next generation of cyber security technology with Petabytes of data.
You will leverage cutting-edge technologies to perform statistical profiling, inference, classification, clustering and predictive analysis. As a key member of the technical team, you will translate cyber and network security related requirements into sophisticated models to help derive new insights to defend against cyber-attacks. You will be working with a large variety of data sets, cutting-edge security technologies, and world-class operation teams to create awesome analyses for cyber security.
The position will be open for both Ashburn, VA and Foster City, CA
- Serve as a lead data scientist leading and supporting various analytical initiatives
- Research and prototype new machine learning techniques to enhance Visa’s ability to identify and respond to threats.
- Work with domain experts, engineers, and other data scientists to develop, implement, and improve analytical models and use cases.
- Advanced degrees or equivalent experience in STEM fields.
- 6+ years of working experience in data sciencie, data analytics, or cybersecurity.
- Experience with model development using Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with a real-time, large-scale data processing engine, such as Spark and Kafka.
Technical skills & qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Expert knowledge with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala, etc.).
- Exceptional coding skills and experience with Python and Scala for data analysis.
- Extensive working knowledge with data wrangling skills (e.g., SQL, Python, Perl).
- Working knowledge with Linux command line and bash scripting
- Familiarity with enterprise network/security concepts and technologies
- Ability to work with remote teams/team-members
Additional preferred qualifications:
- PhD in a data related field such as computer science or mathematics.
- Prior experience and certificates in cyber-security
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, and Torch
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3/Angular
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.