Senior Director Communications - Reputation and Risk
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. seeks a Senior Director of Reputation and Risk to advance crisis preparedness and issues management initiatives, as well as work proactively to enhance the company’s reputation through thought leadership. The Senior Director will be responsible for identifying and tracking potential threats to the organization, assisting with the development protocols and processes to mitigate those threats, and partnering with others in the organization on response efforts.
We seek to hire a team member who is equal parts fire fighter and storyteller. We want the person who can run a tight war room but do so with an eye toward an aspirational narrative. More than an adrenaline junkie, this candidate understands that the best way to solve a crisis is to constantly build a story that connects influencers to the brand and builds reputation over time.
The Senior Director of Reputation and Risk will work to leverage the company’s research initiatives to benchmark and track reputation, then use that data to find new opportunities and potential challenges. The position reports to the Vice President of Reputation Management and Public Affairs and will partner with Visa’s Legal, Risk and Government Relations teams.
This job requires a mid-senior level communications practitioner with the ability to counsel senior executives in mission critical moments. The ideal candidate demonstrated issues management and crisis communications experience for a well-established company/brand, and global experience is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree; Minimum 13-15 years public relations/communications experience.
• You have expertise developing global crisis communications plans, programs and policies. The company is looking for someone to go beyond the basic planning and help it think in new, dynamic ways about managing its reputation and responding to crises.
• You have prior experience applying best practices related to crisis preparation and response.
• You have a track record of successfully managing communications during times of crisis in a global, matrixed organization. Calm and cool under pressure, and has strong experience counseling executives in crisis situations. Attention to detail is critical.
• You are comfortable operating in a matrixed environment.
• You are experienced at coaching senior executives, particularly during times of crisis.
• Understanding of how to use data and research to drive efforts.
• Experience partnering with legal, government relations and public affairs partners.
• You have working knowledge of data security and privacy issues a must; experience in payments or financial services industry a plus.
• You demonstrate outstanding media relations skills and relationships, with experience engaging reporters on a regular basis on challenging issues. Experience as a company spokesperson required.
• You are skilled at using social media / content creation to advance reputation goals and in response to crisis situations.
• You have a track record developing and implementing compelling narratives to advance corporate reputation.
• You demonstrate ability to communicate information effectively and accurately, verbally or in writing across multiple disciplines. Can synthesize large amounts of data and distill key points clearly, succinctly and quickly.
• Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
• Self-starter. Able to work independently as needed.
• Capable of achieving results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.