Associate, CyberSource Strategy
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind -- making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do.
CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. We are a dynamic team who believes thriving economies and communities are built by entrepreneurs and change-makers, large and small. We are focused on championing those entrepreneurs and change-makers by providing them with future-proofed solutions and innovations unleashing their businesses, with the ultimate goal of making the world a better place.
At Visa, we are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
Do you wonder how retailers know what to offer you and when? How your favorite store can ship you your order and accept returns in any store all without knowing your actual credit card number? How a small merchant in Africa or India can take any payment simply by printing a QR code?
If so, join us to work on developing competitive strategy for the fastest moving area in global FinTech today – digital commerce solutions – transforming customer and merchant experiences around the world. Our Strategy team develops strategic competitive roadmaps, provides sales and marketing with the tools and information needed to win Fortune 100 deals against our competition, delivers competitive analysis and implications to senior leaders, assesses M&A and partnership opportunities and supports key strategic projects.
In a unique blend of consulting meets investment banking and business operations, we are a fast-paced team delivering pivotal insights for product, sales, marketing and executive management.
As a member of the CyberSource Strategy, Marketing, and Client Insights Team, you will lead strategic projects and/or major project work streams helping us to achieve our Lighthouse Identity of championing and enabling entrepreneurs and innovators everywhere. You will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and will not have a heavy travel requirement.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Lead or support workstreams on projects related to CyberSource strategy, business development, and/or initiatives, including collaborating with business lines across regional and functional areas
Build and maintain competitive intelligence for select competitors and/or emerging technologies
Work within cross-functional and cross-regional project teams
Communicate and generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization
Participate in continuous training for staff across the organization
- Bachelor's degree from top-tier institution or similar academic experience required
- Management consulting, investment banking, or equivalent experience (2+ years) required
- Payments industry experience a plus, but not required
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to handle multiple project work streams, with proven success in synthesizing large data sets related to a wide variety of functional business problems
- Eagerness to work in teams with people of all levels to accomplish project objectives
- Comfort in, and ability to, present recommendations to business leaders across Visa
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer" with colleagues at all levels across company
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.