Staff Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
- Responsible for the delivery of software solutions using Big Data and/or Open source technologies for core engines that power the Merchant Data Platform and Products and Services.
- Develop innovative search algorithms using machine learning, NLP and information retrieval techniques to improve the quality of Visa's Merchant data.
- Build highly scalable solutions that can crunch millions of rows of information to detect and retrieve attributes from transactional and non-transactional sources.
- Apply software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code
- Ensures that your development follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries
- Work within a highly-skilled team along with Engineering Managers to develop highly visible, industry leading solutions
- Provide guidance to less-experienced team members. Review and evaluate codes developed by junior members to ensure we develop only highest-quality code.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong background in search engines, Natural Language processing, text processing and mining is required
- Strong hands-on Big Data development experience including tuning your solution, debugging, performance testing, unit testing etc. is required
- Development experience in one or more of Spark, Scala/Java/Python, Hive, Pig and other Big Data Technologies
- Expericence in data analysis of large data sets with a strong background in SQL on both Big Data and relational systems
- Be able to design scalable, configurable, maintainable for complex business problems
- Be able to migrate existing functionality to new platforms, frameworks and maintain backward compatibility where possible.
- Strong Software Engineering background is required with development knowledge in multi-tier enterprise architecture
- Experience with open source tools and modules for testing, integration & deployment.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with minimum 7+ years of experience in Software Development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.