Visa Discovery Program - Finance Trainee
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Discovery Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your traineeship period at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure and engage in out-of-the-box problem solving. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you're up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
Insight to the team
In order for Visa to deliver the best version of its mission to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Global Operating Certificates (GOC) team must ensure optimal management of client-reported data and the revenue and reporting activities that derive from it.
The GOC team is charged with managing and ensuring the integrity of client-reported data, which are relied on by many internal and external stakeholders for revenue billing, market and portfolio performance analysis and regulatory reporting purposes. As part of the team, you will participate in and support the diverse range of activities the team performs to ensure that Visa teams and clients make their operational, financial and strategic decisions based on relevant and accurate information.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing in-depth, complex analysis to assess the completeness and accuracy of quarterly data reported by ~500 clients in the APAC region
- Querying and analyzing large data sets to identify trends, transaction patterns and anomalies to identify revenue leakages across APAC countries, clients and/ or products
- Comparing the transactional numbers reported by clients to Visa's network transactions to identify anomalies and potential misreporting
- Creating statistical reports, on-demand query reports or dashboards that add value to internal stakeholders.
- 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Applied Mathematics, Business, Data Analytics, Economics, Finance, or related courses
- Able to pursue traineeship from August to November 2019
- Proficient in advanced data analysis with Office applications such as Excel, PowerQuery, PowerPivot etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI will be a plus
- Ability to code in VBA or SQL is preferred
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as part of a team