- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Global Visa.com team is looking for a Creative Director to create global content on Visa.com. You love design and technical constraints, and relish in ways to work through and around them. In this role, you will lead by example by working closely with a copywriter and a ux designer within our existing design system to create mockups for Visa sponsorships, products, and other services on Visa.com. You will work with internal Visa groups who own global content, regional teams who oversee local Visa.com websites, our own internal creative resources within the Global Visa.com team, as well as external agencies. You will educate these parties as to why they can't have their own design system, iconography and/or bespoke functions, leaving each meeting as BFFs. You'll use Sketch to produce wireframes, as well as occasionally work in Photoshop to resize and optimize images. The pages you create will be translated and distributed to over 160 Visa.com websites, in 57 different languages. This position reports to the Senior Creative Director.
- Lead multiple projects concurrently for Visa.com content projects and for our product platform
- Develop design concepts and lead visual design development throughout the entire lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
- Communicate and present design strategy/rationale effectively to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UX, fellow visual designers, marketing owners, product managers) to create compelling visual designs
- Develop the visual language as well as the specifications
- Work closely with content authors, web developers and engineers to deliver the final product
- Deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
- Spark fresh ideas that are infused in our culture and our products
Qualification + Skills
- 8 -10 years professional experience
- Sense of humor, great collaborator and ability to herd cats with a cattle prod
- No cry babies, you won't always get your way
- Experience working within scalable component-based design systems for mobile and web
- Experience working with engineering, content authoring teams and business stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to compromise when necessary but also know when to hold your ground
- Ability to work concurrently on content and platform projects
- Agency experience and/or experience with managing agencies and creatives
- An impressive portfolio which demonstrates design system thinking or just mind-blowing eye candy
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.