1L - Legal Diversity Intern (NYC)
- New York, NY, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes people’s lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Visa 1L Diversity Internship program is designed to enhance the legal careers of first year law students with diverse backgrounds. The program gives qualified candidates the opportunity to further develop their legal education, establish meaningful contacts, improve the quality of their work product through comprehensive feedback, and aspire to a rewarding career in the law.
This position, based in Visa's New York Office is a summer internship for law students interested in learning more about working in a corporate legal department. Under supervision of department attorneys, the intern will receive a variety of work assignments in multiple practice areas, which may include: litigation, employment, data use & privacy, marketing, trademark, intellectual property, mergers & acquisition, regulatory and more. The intern will also learn first-hand about Visa business operations and interact with the Legal Department's business clients.
- Good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited law school.
- An interest in the in-house legal environment
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership ability, personal and professional accomplishments, commitment to community service or meaningful contribution to the diversity of the legal community
- Excellent written and oral communication and legal research skills
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Proven ability to translate ideas into action
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills
- Attention to detail
- Innovative, creative, entrepreneurial spirit; welcomes change and challenge
- Motivated, focused, driven; embraces a global mindset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.