Acceptance Business Development Lead
- Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Acceptance Business Development lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa in Italy has significant growth opportunities within sectors where Acceptance is not in place or where card penetration is below potential.
The role of the Acceptance Business Development lead is to drive growth, capturing incremental volumes / transactions in specific sectors and segments, leveraging partnership with acquirers and/or with key merchants to improve customer experience and increase acceptance penetration.
The position is part of the Merchant & Acquirer Organisation and is based in Milan.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to secure Visa growth in the Insurance / Utilities / Bill Payments space, consistently with the country plan
- Scout, assess, size and prioritize key targets within the assigned sector
- Identify relevant partners (eg Acquirers, technology partners)
- Pursue and activate prioritised opportunities
- Identify, develop and secure investment proposals to support key initiatives, with supporting business case
- Develop / maintain KPIs / monitor results
- Constant 2 ways connection with internal teams (eg Products, Innovation, Marketing) making sure Visa value proposition is in line with market demands, cross-fertilise incremental opportunities, identify potential threat (eg domestic scheme, regulation..)
- Be / become the Subject Matter Expert for the Insurance / Utilities / Bill Payments space, supporting the Italian and the global team where appropriate
What we’re after…
- Strong understanding of the payment industry, acceptance strategy, Italian payments’ market
- Numerate / analytical / understanding of P&L main driver, for Visa and Clients
- Strong understanding of key technology and solutions impacting Visa, the payments arena in general and the Client segments
- Consultative sales attitude / experience
- Segment specific expertise a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Influential (both internally and with Clients / partners)
- Helicopter view / being able to inspire others (eg Acquirer Banks’ AEs) and to get inspiration from different part of the organization (or outside) (eg other markets / other teams)
- Focused / result driven
- Team player
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.