Senior Director, Technical Product Management
- Beijing, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Director – Technical Product Management role will be a critical member of Visa China product team, you will be responsible for enabling Visa digital / mobile solutions for Chinese cardholders and foreign travelers traveling to China. The position will engage cross-functional stakeholder teams both internally and externally to strategize, analyze, define and drive the end-to-end product definition of the digital / mobile products that enable acceptance of Visa credentials in / outside China; platform capabilities that enable major consumer platform players in / outside China.
The ideal candidate filling this role must possess a unique blend of creative, strategic, analytical, and solution skills. In addition, this individual must have an understanding of business,
technical and operational aspects of product management, agile development practices, and an understanding of Chinese payment landscape and mobile technology. You are expected to participate the whole Solutioning process from research to ideation to storyboarding to prototyping, to user story writing and prioritization by leveraging human-centered design principles, facilitation techniques and agile (development) methodology.
This SD role will report to Vice President, head of China product management. This position will be located in Beijing, China
The ideal candidate will:
- Believe passionately in the transformative power of technology in the world
- Has a proven record of working with external partners and other stakeholder to lead the delivery of digital products/services from idea through to market launch.
· Be commercial enough to distill complex business requirements and technical enough to ask engineers good questions about solution architecture
- Be comfortable leading unstructured discussions as well as designing and facilitating structured workshops and participation in product development sprints
- Be able to manage concurrent projects to different schedules and timelines
- Can easily connect the dots between product, design, technology, and strategy to solve complex problems with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Has strong business acumen and program management skills
- Own product definition and life cycle management that enable digital / mobile use cases of Visa credentials in China and enable consumers in Chinese major platforms to pay using Visa credentials.
- Partner with Product Delivery and Operations teams to assist in the market launch planning activities. Create and contribute to product specific implementation plans and implement ongoing operational plans to product implementation, and project management of go-to-market activities for assigned initiatives.
- Coordinate, drive, and document requirements across cross-functional operational, on boarding, market delivery, sales, and account management to ensure delivery of high quality digital solutions
- Collaborate designers and/or agencies in defining the problem, discovering insights, designing solutions and developing prototypes in collaboration with clients, partners and internal stakeholders
- Oversee high quality design delivery for complex concepts and multiple stakeholders
- Be the product owner in a scrum team, authoring business requirements for product features, writing user stories for the engineering members of the scrum team to execute.
- Working with internal stakeholders to clarify and prioritize product requirements and working with engineering team to develop and deliver the product solutions.
- Manage a healthy backlog of product requirements and drive roadmap priorities and decisions
- Collaboration with Product and Technology teams globally which will require meetings to occur to accommodate time zones.
· 10+ years of experience in product management in start-up and/or digital product development
· Experience and knowledge of Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices and Human Centered Design principles
· Proven track record in translating internal/ external client needs into meaningful problem statements and designing the right project approach to prototype and develop the desired solutions
- Demonstrate ability to define product requirements to drive full end-to-end solutions and user stories to drive development execution in an agile team.
· Industry experience in financial services, Chinese payments or e-commerce companies highly desirable
· Strong project/program management skills to successfully manage multiple, concurrent work streams
- Ability to give compelling presentations to Executive Leadership and external partners
- Fluent in English and Mandarin