New Graduate - Client Support Services Account Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Services (CS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products and services globally, CS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Provide information and direction to clients regarding Visa products, tools and services, Visa rules, integrated billing and transaction research.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain
a working knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Proactively work with the client to identify strategic
opportunities and operational cost efficiencies, manage moderately complex assignments that are diverse in scope, and search out appropriate courses of action.
- Research and resolve client’s business and transaction
processing and billing issues by obtaining and examining all relevant
information to determine cause and facilitate resolution.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts;consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Prepare and present monthly and/or quarterly production
- Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- May require after hours support for client or Visa needs.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must have graduated within the last year to be considered. Requires a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in
organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish
productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer
expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb
technical information and apply it to business solutions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
skills are required
Build deep relationships internally as well as with assigned client’s line of
Embrace technology and develop a deep enough level of understanding of transaction flow, supporting systems and basic system architecture in order to confidently navigate through conversations with technology / support teams and report key executive and client status updates related to platform changes and/or operational issues
24x7 On Call responsibilities with other Account Managers and demonstrate the ability to discern between and respond appropriately to routine and critical issues
Issue Management experience from Triage through to Root Cause (includes working with cross-functional teams internally to understand root cause and communicating appropriately externally while adhering to organization’s issue management procedures and processes)
Proactively manage internal stakeholders to ensure a level of accountability, accuracy and responsiveness for client facing deliverables
Consistent ability to clearly and concisely summarize complex technical concepts, ideas, issues to Sr. Managers. Understand when and how to escalate.
Build and maintain relationships with internal counterparts to drive a collaborative, customer-first culture and to hold yourself and others accountable for responsiveness, delivery and lessons learned
Familiarity with using a CRM system to ensure appropriate tracking of issues and visibility of account plans for internal stakeholders