Social Impact: Director, Employee and Stakeholder Engagement (Flexible Location)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 9,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa recognizes that operating a successful company is about much more than delivering strong returns to shareholders. We strive to make a positive, and ideally transformative impact on the world, based on the belief that doing well can and should mean doing good, particularly for a global organization like Visa whose business is connecting the world to enhance financial inclusion.
Through our mission of helping micro and small enterprises thrive, we strive to be a catalyst for growth and positive change around the world. By harnessing our capital, our assets, our people, and our knowledge, we are focused on helping set millions of microenterprises globally on a path to growth. We see micro and small enterprises as the backbone of the global economy, and our goal is to empower these enterprises and improve their livelihoods, ultimately creating a ripple effect throughout their communities.
These efforts build on the strong legacy of social impact Visa has created through corporate giving, financial inclusion and financial literacy. We support broader community needs and humanitarian responses in times of crises, are committed to acting responsibly through environmental, social and governance and our more than 17,000 employees contribute to communities in meaningful ways through volunteering and charitable giving.
To date, we have achieved significant progress – in 2017 alone, we empowered 100+ million net-new cardholders, educated millions of consumers through financial literacy programs, facilitated nearly $2M of employee charitable giving and 34,000+ volunteer hours, and announced a commitment to transition to 100% renewable electricity within two years.
However, there is more for us to achieve. We are embarking on a new, exciting era and expanding our team so we can move Visa towards becoming a global leader and influencer of governments, non-governmental organizations, and other for-profit companies.
· Building and driving programs to engage employees and other key stakeholders around the purpose of Social Impact, with a focus on improving employee volunteering participation
· Support the implementation of the SI stakeholder engagement objectives and plan through close collaboration with other Visa functions (HR, CR, marketing, D&I etc) and strategic partners
· Support the development of a cohesive and compelling narrative and messages of Visa’s social impact activities across geographies to create excitement around Visa’s Social Impact agenda
· Partner with corporate communications to develop compelling narrative and messages and to ensure Visa’s SI vision and activities are communicated externally and internally
· Research and manage a directory of key social impact platforms as well as internal and external stakeholders
· Work with corporate communications to manage SI function’s online presence (intranet, Visa.com, Tumblr, @Visa, Facebook, etc.)
· Develop and manage SI function’s stakeholder engagement calendar
· Manage SI function’s library of assets, content and tool kits to facilitate internal and external learning and sharing of information
· Manage team reporting
· Strong experience in internal and external stakeholder engagement and program management
· Proven experience in building employee engagement programs, especially in volunteerism, and driving at-scale participation across large organizations
· Experience managing multi-faceted programs and strategic partnerships
· Ability to work across multiple functions to influence and drive SI objectives
· Ability to engage, influence and align with internal and external senior executives and government stakeholders
· Excellent writing and communications skills
· Excellent organization skills
· Passion for an ability to create social impact
· Bachelors with Master’s preferred
· 8+ years of relevant experience
This job may be filled anywhere in the globe.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.