Finance - New Campus Grad (Undergraduate Degrees – Multiple Locations)
- Foster City, CA, USA
The Visa brand is one of the most powerful and well-known brands among the largest companies in the world; Visa is ranked as the 7th most valuable brand by BrandZ. We connect consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide and the brand is a unifying symbol of Visa’s promise to our clients, partners, consumers and employees. And because Visa is both a lead and ingredient brand, the integrity, trust, and security the brand stands for carries through and to our clients and partners.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Austin, TX
Finance partners with teams across Visa to provide accurate, reliable and timely support for business transactions and decisions. The Visa Finance team is committed to leading by example while encouraging growth and fiscal integrity.
We strive to provide excellent service, which to us means having:
- Consistent policies, processes and systems
- Timely, effective and cost efficient execution
- A highly responsive customer-service mentality
Joining the VISA Finance Team as a New Campus Grad (NCG), you will be considered for one of the following groups:
Sourcing: Supports Visa through the cost-effective procurement of goods and services, while minimizing contractually based risk.
- Lead daily activities within the purchasing process, ensuring procurement of supplies, equipment, and services for businesses/business partners in accordance to Purchasing policies and procedures
- Review Contracts for completeness
- Conduct Supplier Risk tasks, including monitoring the Risk queue
Taxation: Is responsible for the coordination with outside service providers on the variety of issues identified as ones requiring the outside consulting involvement. These issues include research of the new tax legislation, specific provisions affecting Visa’s tax positions, matters relating to filing of all of the Company’s indirect tax returns (sales and property tax), and the quarterly forecast of all federal and state tax payments.
- Conduct research of various federal, state and international tax issues and formulating the research conclusions
- Prepare of research memorandums using RIA Checkpoint and other internet-based tax research tools
- Participate in quantitative projects related to the preparation of pro-forma federal returns, state and local income/franchise tax returns
Controllership: Processes accounting transactions globally, issues financial filings and financial statements, and manages Visa’s compliance financial internal controls program.
- Ensure financial data accuracy, integrity and consistency of information as well as organized documentation of results and data sources used
Financial Planning & Analysis: FP&A partners with the business to develop budgets, forecasts and investment strategies in support of strategic imperatives and Visa’s business goals and objectives.
- Improve Visa’s financial performance by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions
- Assist with building and maintaining various management reporting models in Hyperion (Smartview) and Access involving executive management, product and direct/indirect P&L reports
- Support production, publication and distribution of monthly reports including updating and sending out variance templates to region counterparts and Finance Business Partners
Treasury: Manages corporate cash and investment portfolios, foreign exchange exposure and rate setting, capital and debt strategy, liquidity management, settlement and insurance programs worldwide across most of the Visa entities.
- Work directly with various stakeholders to deliver high quality customer service
- Analyze our dynamic operating environment and adapt our infrastructure appropriately
- Support activities related to global liquidity, cash flow forecasting and balance sheet forecasting
*Projects and assignments will be based upon candidate’s technical abilities and interest. Location will be determined based upon the team’s need.
So what are we looking for in a Finance New Campus Graduate?
- 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy are extremely critical
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and organize in a logical and efficient manner
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Tableau, Access and Hyperion, and strong skills in PowerPoint
- Accounting and analytical/analysis skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and produce time sensitive deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Competitive GPA
- Bachelor’s in: Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field
- Must be graduating between December 2018 and July 2019
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.