Program Coordinator - Legal and Compliance
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Based in Visa’s Foster City office, this role will coordinate a variety of programs for the Visa Legal & Compliance (L&C) department, with a focus on internal training and development programs.
1) Serve as the L&C department’s primary liaison to Visa University
- Serve as L&C representative for Visa University matters
- Promote Visa University within the L&C department
- Coordinate L&C participation in all VU initiatives, events and projects
- Build and maintain the Legal & Compliance College in the Visa University Digital Campus
- Interface with HR corporate function Talent and Learning teams, other function learning leaders
- Communicate VU news to L&C department
- Mine metrics and feedback, provide reporting to team and management
2) Manage the L&C Training +Program
- Develop, promote and guide the Training +Program in accordance with program strategy
- Enhance awareness and prioritization of professional learning; build enthusiasm for Training +Program.
- Course development: Help identify training topics tied to competencies analytics; Identify and arrange internal and external presenters to deliver courses; Help shape and quality-check course content; and, Coordinate logistics for courses and Training +Program events
- Manage CLE credit and attendance records
- Gather and share metrics and feedback
- Help develop and track against budget; manage procurement
- Draft and distribute training-related communications to the L&C department, maintain Training +Program website, facilitate internal meetings
3) Coordinate with Operations team on employee onboarding/orientation program
- Manage learning path for new L&C employee in VU Digital Campus
- Help align onboarding with company-wide new employee orientation initiatives, including those within Visa University
4) Design and implement Legal Center of Excellence training programs
- Partner with Legal COE to develop training based on Practice Guides, contract best practices and other topics
- Manage all course logistics, including CLE as appropriate
5) Support other Legal & Compliance initiatives
- Partner with HR to help develop and implement talent planning and related initiatives as needed
- Work with Operations team to provide support for other department initiatives as needed.
- Support other L&C cross-team and cross-functional projects as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and 5+ years of program management or similar experience required, preferably in a global, public company or a law firm.
- Experience in the learning and development space.
- Can-do attitude; must be proactive and solution-oriented, looking for ways to add value and assist the team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, respond to needs quickly and efficiently and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions. Experience working with teams outside the US is a strong plus.
- Exercise excellent judgment in setting priorities and interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate the needs of the team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong focus on customer service, team player mentality and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Fully proficient on all Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Willingness to do some international travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.