Director, Global Merchant Data
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Work as a Product Manager in the merchant data space.
- Drive, execute and deliver on the defined roadmap with data engineers, operations and infrastructure; be the 'Product Owner' in the scrum model.
- Come up with data insights to influence product development, vision (ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels), and develop proof-of-concept prototype, if required.
- Focus on merchant data quality and coverage from a regional data perspective; be the regional merchant data SME.
- Manage business operations from a data product/platform perspective and work with clients and third party as needed. Manage defined operations services framework and service levels.
- Identify new opportunities and uses of standardized merchant data to improve overall data usage experience.
- Work with other product managers to execute and deliver as a team.
- 8+ years of overall experience required
- 3+ years’ experience working closely with or within merchant data space required
- Hands-on skills to query underlying databases required
- Hands-on skills in reporting and visualization tools like Tableau, Microstrategy and/or Excel required
- Hands-on experience with payments data preferred
- Strong communications skills spanning broad audiences from non-technical product partners to through technical operation engineers; ability to present based on audience
- Strong product management process discipline and analytical background
- Strong collaboration with peers and other cross-functional teams with the ability to understand technical approaches and tradeoffs
- Exposure to Hadoop is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.