Director, Data Products Client Growth
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
As part of the Global Product and Solutions organization, the Data Products team is looking for a director that is passionate about promoting and assisting with differentiated data solutions, such as VisaVue Online/Marketplace, as well as any data products, services and new VISA apps, across the Visa payment network. This person will be responsible for working with clients, account executives, product management, strategy, marketing and Legal with a focus of selling and implementing a diverse set of data product solutions to the market across Visa’s North America client base. This individual will work heavily with clients and account executives to sell in these solutions ensure client satisfaction and drive product adoption and utilization with the business development teams.
This is a matrixed, cross-functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with other specialized product groups, financial institution sales, client consulting, operations, risk, analytics, marketing and corporate communications to coordinate the sales and implementation of data products such as VisaVue Online/VisaVue Marketplace.
The Director will focus on achieving client growth targets by working with Visa’s client sales and business development organizations to prospect likely customers, deliver sales presentations, and overcome client objections. The position will also work with the Business Development and Client Success group to implement product go-to market and sales plans, and work with Legal and other groups as needed to finalize product sales and successfully implement these products. This role will also have responsibility for obtaining feedback from clients and providing it to the data products team for possible future product features.
Other responsibilities include:
- Sales presentations across issuing, acquiring, merchant and destination marketing organizations (DMOs)
- Market assessment, business case analysis and go to market plan development
- Sales training and material development
- Assist with go-to-market and commercialization tracks for these products
- Work with Client Success and Operations personnel to resolve product implementation issues
The successful candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in financial institutions with a combination of technical sales and business development. Demonstrated go-to-market planning and the aptitude to think creatively and identify ways to overcome sales obstacles and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results. Ability to work closely with other team members and key stakeholders in technology, product and the rest of the business.
Significant experience in working in software sales, data services delivery or client consulting organizations.
- Fantastic communication and client sales or training session delivery
- Ability to understand a business case and pricing
- Knowledge of business intelligence systems, data warehouses and ability to explain in terms that stakeholders of various backgrounds can understand and deploy
- Cross organizational interaction ability – experience working outside of a single silo and the ability to negotiate with other internal and external organizations
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Ability to work well and productively, always projecting a positive outlook in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment, go-getter and self-motivated
- The qualified individual will possess the initiative and judgment to ensure customer expectations and service levels are consistently exceeded.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Some travel is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.