Olympians and Paralympians in Business Development Program
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
For thirty-two years Visa has been a passionate partner of the Olympic Games, supporting athletes to achieve their dreams on the field of play as they inspire next generations to reach for theirs. At Visa, we believe that Olympic and Paralympic athletes have the potential to become tomorrow’s business leaders. As you look to enter into the next chapter of your life, Visa’s OPBDP will empower you to hone your talent, potential, and unique leadership skill set in a business setting.
The Olympians and Paralympians in Business Development Program (OPBDP) leverages our partnership with the Olympics to build a strong entry level pipeline of talent with cross-functional knowledge and experience. The OPBDP is a 18-month program with three six-month rotations through Visa’s functions including but not limited to: Digital Solutions, Marketing & Sponsorship, Product, and Sales. In addition to meaningful work experience, athletes are given training and development, mentoring, networking, and leadership exposure.
• Bachelor’s degree minimum
• All majors welcome to apply
• Competed at an Olympic or Paralympic Games within the last 4 years (Sochi 2014, Rio 2016, PyeongChang 2018)
• Excellent analytical abilities
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Currently open to US athletes only. Except in exceptional circumstances, athlete candidates who will require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future will not be considered for this position
• Application for submissions opens May 16th and ends June 15th.
• May – June 2018: Application review and interviews
• Program start – August 2018
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.