Customer Service Representative (Japanese Speaking) - Global Customer Assistance Service
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is at an intermediate support staff level and is responsible for applying some judgment in resolving routine problems or making recommendations. A successful candidate is able to deliver a positive customer interaction, is dependable, seeks to learn, and is coachable.
- Respond to inbound telephone calls and may generate outbound calls regarding information on aspects of multiple Visa products.
- Evaluate the nature of each call and determine the appropriate action to complete the call.
- Answer general customer service questions from cardholders, explain multiple program features, and where appropriate, transfer the customer to the issuing bank to obtain specific account information or transfer the customer to an appropriate Third Party Service Provider.
- Adhere to established Client Support Services' procedures and guidelines while providing quality customer service in order to meet and exceed department standards.
- Provide general information and support on any VISA related topic or product and direct the customer accordingly.
- Use several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
- Document cases to show action taken.
- Must possess a clear speaking voice and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions quickly based on the customer's needs.
- Ability to handle difficult calls in a professional manner.
- Requires accuracy and attention to details.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple service requests with strict time limits on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledgeable of the payments business and VISA operating procedures after the training class.
- Knowledgeable of multiple Visa product lines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic PC skills in a Windows environment; however strong keyboard skills are required.
- Able to navigate through the internet.
- Requires a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a customer service environment
- Able to speak fluent Japanese and English is essential in order to support the Japan market
- Able to work on weekends and open to a variety of shifts
- Preferably, a university graduate
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills is must.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course based on business drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Ability to work independently in a high throughput environment
WHAT YOU GET FOR WORKING AT VISA:
· A contact center environment filled with amazing people and incredible career opportunities
· Fun, rewarding work environment with relaxing spaces, unlimited beverages, gym and game room
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.