Chief Data Scientist, Cyber Analytics
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 13,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Information security is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
The successful candidate will act in the capacity of Chief Data Scientist and lead the Cyber Analytics Data Science program working with a team of high performers comprising data scientists and engineers. This team is responsible for the design and implementation of Visa’s cyber security data analytics solutions, as well as enabling the detection of possible malicious behavior before data is compromised or destroyed. Using data science techniques, the team will build the tools and use cases to successfully help in the prevention of cyber attacks.
This leadership role must instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in cyber engineering while ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to and security risks in new and existing infrastructure are properly understood and visualized. Working with other groups such as Cyber Defense, Cyber Engineering, Operations, and Application Development organizations, this position will take a leading role in the development of Visa's Corporate Network Security strategy. This position reports directly to into of head of Cyber Engineering and will be based in Foster City, CA or Ashburn, VA locations.
- Provide leadership and direction in the innovation of bleeding-edge data security technologies and utilizing a risk-based approach to properly test and introduce them into the overall environment.
- Deliver strategy as it relates to the cyber analytics program, with a focus on data science capabilities.
- Drive Visa’s competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best in class security infrastructure to support the data science program.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a talented group of data science and technology professionals for this core cyber analytics function.
- Collaborate with colleagues in technology departments as well as the business and product offices to establish effective, productive business relationships.
- Lead cyber analytics function and responsible for modeling, design and implementation of data science techniques to fulfill the cyber security detection and prevention needs.
- Work with other Information Security teams to effectively and efficiently manage visualization of cyber events.
- Lead global projects, develop timeline, and drive deliverables on time and on budget.
- Partner with the other engineering teams to deliver seamless service and infrastructure services to critical Visa business lines.
- Responsible for management of the ongoing security engineering support, maintenance, security, and availability of Visa services based on business requirements and adherence to tight operational, security, and procedural models.
- Establish data science strategy in line with broader Cyber Security objectives.
- Responsible for planning and positioning of a solution within the company to effectively gain buy-in from all stakeholders and oversee execution.
- Construct business case, cost estimates, ROI and successfully communicate solution to business.
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization by earning the reputation for being a proactive senior leader and change agent.
- Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications.
- Respond to and assist with due diligence and internal / external audit requests.
- Minimum of Masters degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline required
- Extensive knowledge of data science: machine learning, data mining, data engineering etc. Use case development as it relates to cyber security threats.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in either cyber security or data science or in some combination. Must be skilled at mentoring and motivating staff, communicating goals and other corporate initiatives and driving to results.
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to Information Security.
- Demonstrated knowledge in advanced threat tactics and mitigation/disruption techniques.
- A track record of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
- Experience deploying and maintaining critical, high-availability network systems and associated security issues.
- Experience with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and criminal actors and advanced knowledge of associated Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP).
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with advanced and 0-day threats, intrusions, malware infection, packet analysis
- Experience and familiarity working across the global cyber security community.
- High degree of technical complexity and conversancy; familiarity with complex global information security infrastructures preferred.
- Experience with a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, and technologies.
- Knowledge of/experience with international compliance requirements/standards (PCI, GLBA, SOX) and other security regulation requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Certifications in CISSP, CCSP, CCIE-Security, or CEH highly desirable
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.