Director (HR IT Development)
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives primarily for the Human Resources business units, and the global employee community.
The technical leader will be responsible for:
• Develop a team of engineers by motivating and mentoring, and assist in hiring critical talent.
• Help HRIT build new integrations (BizTalk, Workday, SFTP, encryption, test automation, source control, etc…) to support the deployment of new HR tools and solve some of HR’s most critical tasks.
• Responsible for driving product maintenance and enhancement releases across the different HR functions
• Responsible for building and executing test automation scripts on a variety of on premise and cloud HR applications
• Accountable for the quality of activities during the release of deliverables to production environment, system test automation requirements and execution
• Manage development risks and resolves issues that affect application enhancement scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application enhancements are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or infrastructure component updates
• Plan the development workload across different HR functions and different team members
• Communicate and adapt presentations to a wide range of audiences regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results.
• 10+ years track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
• 2+ years of previous people management experience along with release management experience in agile model
• Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent engineers in fast paced work environment
• Ability to inspire team of test engineers with software developer mindset and a passion for testing and test automation
• Solid experience with automation framework is a plus
• Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Experience with database management systems and server management is a big plus
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.
• Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.